Very often I find that life’s simplest pleasures are also its best ones. This tomato tart is the proof: it’s a very simple recipe, but bursting with bold flavours, thanks to the mustard and herbs. You could call it a Provençale-inspired recipe, with its tomatoes, olive oil, and herbs – it’s a perfect combination which never disappoints.
A simple tomato tart with mustard and herbs, perfect for those summer days.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 3 heaped tsp whole grain mustard, (you can adjust to your tastebuds)
- mix of tomatoes, sliced 400 grams/a bit less than 1 pound
- salt and pepper, to taste
- herbs de Provence, to taste
- a few fresh basil leaves, to serve
- some olive oil, to serve (optional)
Preheat oven to 200°C/392°F.
Lay out your puff pastry on a baking sheet. Pinch the edges to form a crust and spread the mustard.
Arrange sliced tomatoes on top, overlapping slightly. Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Serve at room temperature with some fresh basil leaves and olive oil.